Friday, September 01, 2006

THE THIRD HEAVEN

THE THIRD HEAVEN

When I was a kid, we used to hear people talking about feeling like they were in the seventh heaven. I wondered a time or two, just what the term meant. Then I ran across a scripture in the Bible which mentioned the third heaven.

I wondered if there were actually seven heavens, stacked, one on top of the other, reaching out into the stratosphere.

Finally, I heard an old Swedish man explain it, and it made sense. Listen to what it says:

II Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

The old Brother from Sweden said, "If we look into the scriptures, we find the answer."

He referred us to 2 Peter 3, where it is all spelled out for us. Listen to what it says. The emphases are mine.

II Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the HEAVENS WERE OF OLD, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the WORLD THAT THEN WAS, being overflowed with water, PERISHED:

II Peter 3:7 But the HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, WHICH ARE NOW, by the same word are kept in store, RESERVED UNTO FIRE AGAINST THE DAY OF JUDGMENT AND PERDITION OF UNGODLY MEN. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

II Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for NEW HEAVENS AND A NEW EARTH, WHEREIN DWELLETH RIGHTEOUSNESS.

II Peter 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

We had the answer, from the lips of a man of God who knew his Bible.

Paul was caught up into the realm of the future, and there saw things which he could not describe verbally.

I believe that Paul saw, in essence, what John saw on the Isle of Patmos, but was forbidden to tell about.
The book of Revelation is a Heavenly book, written in Heavenly language. It cannot be correctly interpreted with earthly understanding. The symbols are all Heavenly symbols-- not to be understood by earthly minds and understandings.

I once heard that when the angels want something to laugh about, they read some of the prophetic interpretations written by men of earth.

God Bless!

No comments: