Friday, September 08, 2006

GOD'S MERCY

GOD'S MERCY

David, in communication with God, spent most of his time in doing one of two things. When he was NOT IN TROUBLE, he mostly said, "PRAISE YE THE LORD." IN TROUBLE, ONE THEME COMES TO THE FRONT RIGHT AWAY. He begs for MERCY AND COMPASSION more than anything else. Look at them:

Psalms 6:2 HAVE MERCY upon me, O LORD for I [am] weak: O LORD, HEAL me; 9:13 HAVE MERCY upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble 27:7 Hear, O LORD, [when] I cry: HAVE MERCY upon me, and ANSWER me. 30:10 Hear, O LORD, and HAVE MERCY upon me: LORD, be thou my HELPER. 41:4 LORD, BE MERCIFUL unto me: HEAL MY SOUL; for I have sinned against thee. 41:10 But thou, O LORD, be MERCIFUL UNTO ME, and RAISE ME UP, 86:3 Be MERCIFUL unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. 123:3 HAVE MERCY upon us,
O LORD, HAVE MERCY upon us:

This next one is a classic. Psalms 109:21 But DO THOU FOR ME, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake:

It seems that he wanted God's help, but didn't know what to ask for. Not such a bad idea after all, because one of the greatest hindrances to prayer is the fact that we pray ACCORDING TO OUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, which is VERY FAULTY at best.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, HAVE MERCY ON ME, O LORD,

Matthew 17:15 Lord, HAVE MERCY ON MY SON: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire--

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will HAVE MERCY upon him; and to our God, for HE WILL ABUNDANTLY PARDON.

Daniel 9:18 O my God, INCLINE THINE EAR, AND HEAR; OPEN THINE EYES, and behold our desolations,-- for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy GREAT MERCIES.

No comments: