Monday, September 04, 2006

THE LAST ENEMY

THE LAST ENEMY

I Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.

Some Bible scholars have caused a lot of misunderstanding in the Christian community by means of a wrong interpretation of this scripture.

It has been interpreted as referring to PHYSICAL death. But a close examination will show it to be pointing in another direction entirely.

It is referring to the KINGDOM of DEATH, as opposed to the KINGDOM OF LIFE-- the kingdom of DARKNESS vs. the kingdom of LIGHT, the kingdom of ERROR vs. the kingdom of TRUTH. There could be other ways of expressing the same phenomenon.

Adam's choice in the Garden of Eden was more important than it appeared on the surface, for he sold us into slavery to the KINGDOM OF DEATH.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Speaking of PHYSICAL DEATH, the Word tells us:

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and [my] hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but [that] with all boldness, as always, [so] now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether [it be] by life, or by death. For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain. But if I live in the flesh, this [is] the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.

No comments: