Monday, September 04, 2006

THE LEDGER

THE LEDGER

When I was a younger man, I was exposed to a college quarter of Business Administration. I didn't really learn all that much, but enough to know the difference between a Journal and a Ledger. They drilled into us that the "equation must balance", meaning that if an amount was "charged" to one ledger, it must be "credited" to another ledger.

That was enough to get my mind into gear on Spiritual things, for that was about all I was REALLY interested in. I have often thanked the Lord for having put within me such a burning desire to know more of Him and His Word. Coupled with that desire is the craving to dispense what I have learned, so that others might know Him in a greater measure.

The "journal" is where the happenings of the day are recorded. Everything from soup to nuts is there. Many things happen to us during the course of each day-- some of them make us happy-- some of them make us sad or mad, as the case may be.

At some point in time, information must be taken from the Journal and placed onto different ledger sheets. We MUST be VERY CAREFUL when doing this, for EVERYTHING that is placed on someone else's Ledger card must, in a relative degree, have a bearing on our own Ledger card. The equation MUST BALANCE. (Or so they told me)

Has someone hurt me? Has someone defamed me? Does my Journal show that someone has injured me or my reputation? I feel I must hurry to get it onto their Ledger. They will be owing me something-- be it an apology, restitution, or whatever. Put it on their Ledger!!! Fellowship is terminated until it is made right. Period...

But, hold on a minute. Suddenly, I realize that to put the incident on THEIR Ledger, it ALSO has to be entered on my account somewhere as a something owed to me. It will be there until it is taken off the Ledger of the person to whom I charged it. My account can not be cleared UNTIL his is cleared.

Without a CLEAR LEDGER, I run the risk of missing what God is about to do in the Church. You may call it the Rapture. I call it something else, for I feel I know the true Biblical meaning of the word "air". Suffice it to say that if I have to appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, in order for "justice" to be meted out, I HAVE MISSED WHAT I HAVE STRIVEN SO HARD TO OBTAIN.

For this reason, I doubt the wisdom of laying anything to the charge of a brother or sister who may have, in the frailties and idiosyncrasies of humanity, caused pain or injury to me. I dare not run the risk of what it could do to MY STANDING in God.

My main concern, then, must be the PROTECTING OF MY OWN ACCOUNT. How to do it???

The most simple and straightforward way to do it is erase some of the happenings of the day from my Journal. (Memory) I will, then, have to treat them as if they DID NOT HAPPEN. I must do this, for MY OWN SAKE, rather than theirs.

The other party will benefit from me having-- Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,-- in that there will not a Charge on his account placed there by me. In other words, If I Charge his account, neither one of us can qualify for the next Move of God in the earth. If I refuse, for my own sake, to Charge him, we could BOTH be eligible. The risk is too high.

When Abraham Lincoln stopped and untangled the pig that was caught in the fence, even though he had on his "glad rags", he later explained that if he hadn't done it, he would have heard the pig squealing all night, in his dreams. He set free the pig to protect his conscience.

God Bless!

No comments: