Sunday, September 10, 2006

NEVER

NEVER

God has made some wonderful promises to His People. One of the most outstanding is this one.

Hebrews 13:5 -- for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.

NEVER is a long time. It is an ABSOLUTE. It can not be changed by any means.

Some of the Patriarchs had this promise given especially to them.

JACOB:
Genesis 28:15 And, behold, I [am] with thee, and will keep thee in all [places] whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done [that] which I have spoken to thee of.

MOSES:
Exodus 3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this [shall be] a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL:
I Samuel 12:22 For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.

I Kings 6:13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

I Kings 8:57 The LORD our God be with us, as he was with our fathers: let him not leave us, nor forsake us:

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalms 94:14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

DAVID:
Psalms 23:1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

I Chronicles 28:20 And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do [it]: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, [even] my God, [will be] with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

No comments: