Saturday, April 22, 2006

ISAIAH 54

ISAIAH 54


I believe the last few chapters of Isaiah’s writings are pre-written history. I do not make any claims to having all the answers, because I do not have access to all the facts of history. Neither am I smart enough to know the significance of the historical facts if I did now them. Furthermore, I realize that if I SAY that the LORD SHOWED ME the things I am about to relate, there can be NO POSSIBILITY OF ERROR. I WILL NOT MAKE SUCH A CLAIM, for I know too well that I am fully as capable of being mistaken as anyone else is.

With that disclaimer, I submit to you what I THINK the Lord has shown me.

1. PENTECOST CHANGES THE WORLD.
2. THE GOSPEL PROCLAIMED TO (GENTILIZED) ISRAEL
3. ISRAEL PROCALIMS THE GOSPEL.
4. GODS FAITHFULNESS TO ABRAHAM.
5. THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

This chapter describes the phenomenon of PENTECOST, and what followed for several years. It especially describes the CONFIRMATION OF THE ABRAHAMIC Covenant Of Promise (FAITH) with the many who grasped and enjoyed it in Jerusalem and Judea.
Ø Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the WEEK HE SHALL CAUSE THE SACRIFICE AND THE OBLATION TO CEASE, (the Law of Moses) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall MAKE IT DESOLATE, (JUDAH) even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Ø Luk 13:35 Behold, your house (JUDAH) is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (Until they turn to JESUS)

Isa 54:1 Sing, O barren, (ISRAEL) thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

This was a promise that Israel (Ephraim) would actually produce more good toward God while in “desolation” than they had while a part of the “Kingdom” (Commonwealth of Israel). The twelve tribes were “married” to the Lord at Sinai, when God thundered His Ten Commandments down from the mountain. They were afraid, and asked Moses to go hear what God had to say to them, and come tell them, but they did not want to hear the Voice of God again. They said, “We will do all that He says.”

Ø Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not; for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath a husband.
Ø Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Israel (10 Northern tribes) had gone into Assyrian captivity 721 BC., from which we have no record of them returning. Rather, grave markers (and other evidences) show them to have migrated to the north and west. The Lord had determined this many years before it happened.
Ø Hos 1:5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
Ø Hos 1:6 And she conceived again, and bore a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I WILL UTTERLY TAKE THEM AWAY.

At the same time, a promise was given that seemed to countermand the former edict of the Lord, but it was not to be until many hundreds of years had passed over them, and they had forgotten whom they were, and were firmly established in other parts of the world.

Ø Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

A prophecy was given by Jeremiah (ch 18) that the Lord would make a definite change in the northern tribes.

Ø Jer 18:1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Ø Jer 18:2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Ø Jer 18:3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
Ø Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was MARRED IN THE HAND OF THE POTTER: SO HE MADE IT AGAIN ANOTHER VESSEL, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Ø Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Ø Jer 18:6 O HOUSE OF ISRAEL, cannot I do with YOU as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are YE in mine hand, O HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

Ø 2Sa 7:10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people ISRAEL, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as formerly,

After Israel had been out of their land over a hundred years, the Prophet wrote that Judah was doing far worse than Israel had done before she was sent into captivity.

A Call of The Spirit went out for to Israel to return, with a promise of Mercy and Forgiveness. It was not a LITERAL call, but a CALL OF THE SPIRIT. It was a call that they would not “HEAR” for several hundred years, but it COULD NOT BE IGNORED.

Ø Jer 3:11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
Ø Jer 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger forever.
Ø Jer 3:13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
Ø Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: (The Mountain of God’s Holiness) (THE CHURCH)

While in this state of not knowing who they were, and being just like the other folks around them (Gentiles), the vessel that had been marred on the wheel of the Potter began to be shaped into another vessel of His Choosing.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ was brought to them after the Birth of The Church at Pentecost, and a change began to take place in them. The “Grafting” of Rom 11 began to take place, and the “Natural” Israel began changing into the “Israel of God” in the Covenant Relationship of the FAITH OF ABRAHAM.

Isa 54:2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
Isa 54:3 FOR THOU SHALT BREAK FORTH ON THE RIGHT HAND AND ON THE LEFT; AND THY SEED SHALL INHERIT (BE GIVEN) THE GENTILES, AND MAKE THE DESOLATE CITIES TO BE INHABITED.

Israel would expand as they migrated by inheriting (lit possessing) other nations,

Israel would also become a leader in the evangelization of the Nations (gentiles) of the world, showing them the way of Jesus Christ.

Ø Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O ISRAEL, in whom I will be glorified.
Ø Isa 49:4 Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
Ø Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
Ø Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I WILL ALSO GIVE THEE FOR A LIGHT TO THE GENTILES, THAT THOU MAYEST BE (take- JUDGES 15:2) MY SALVATION UNTO THE END OF THE EARTH.

The Gospel of Salvation was to be spread by this people that had been re-formed on the wheel of the Potter.

(Many individuals today are being directed by the CALL OF THE SPIRIT in their lives, and are not aware of that fact. If God has issued a “CALL” into their life, the SPIRIT is leading them without their knowledge. Such was the case with Israel (Ephraim) after the Assyrian captivity. Grave markers, and other evidences, have traced them to the North and West, which apparently took them as far as Scandinavia, and then down the coastal areas to Normandy, and beyond.)

Ø Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, EVEN AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL.

The parable of the two sons portrays how the one son who had utterly refused to do the bidding of the Father, later repented and DID WHAT THE FATHER HAD ASKED HIM TO DO. Israel had initially refused, yet did it. Judah had agreed to do it, but has utterly failed.

Ø Mat 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work today in my vineyard.
Ø Mat 21:29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
Ø Mat 21:30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Ø Mat 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first.

Isa 54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: FOR THOU SHALT FORGET THE SHAME OF THY YOUTH, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood (divorcement) any more.

Though Israel would forget who they were, the LORD had not forgotten them. For the sake of ABRAHAM, He watched over them, prospered them, and sent the Gospel of Jesus Christ to them. They accepted and obeyed the Gospel. They helped to spread the Gospel around the world.

Ø Amo 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
Isa 54:6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

Ø Isa 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.


Isa 54:7 For a SMALL MOMENT (750 YEARS) have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
Isa 54:8 IN A LITTLE WRATH I HID MY FACE FROM THEE FOR A MOMENT; BUT WITH EVERLASTING KINDNESS WILL I HAVE MERCY ON THEE, SAITH THE LORD THY REDEEMER.
Isa 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isa 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; BUT MY KINDNESS SHALL NOT DEPART FROM THEE, NEITHER SHALL THE COVENANT OF MY PEACE BE REMOVED, SAITH THE LORD THAT HATH MERCY ON THEE.

The chapter draws to a close with a portrayal of the Church (Israel of God) in the latter days of the era that is being written about. THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Isa 54:11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colors, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
Isa 54:12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
(These descriptions are types of Spiritual attributes which the Lord has invested in His People while they are unconsciously performing His work in the world)

ISA 54:13 AND ALL THY CHILDREN SHALL BE TAUGHT OF THE LORD; AND GREAT SHALL BE THE PEACE OF THY CHILDREN.

SOMEWHERE, THERE IS A PEOPLE WHO WILL FIT THESE DESCRIPTIONS. WHO/WHERE ARE/WERE THEY?

Isa 54:14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: WHOSOEVER SHALL GATHER TOGETHER AGAINST THEE SHALL FALL FOR THY SAKE.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

ISA 54:17 NO WEAPON THAT IS FORMED AGAINST THEE SHALL PROSPER; AND EVERY TONGUE THAT SHALL RISE AGAINST THEE IN JUDGMENT THOU SHALT CONDEMN. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Is this the Church, or is it a nation/group of nations? Sounds to me as if it is the CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD—THE ISRAEL OF GOD.

“Unto HIM shall the gathering of the people be.” Gen 49:10

Is it possible that the present day Church consists predominantly of the natural Nation of Israel? I believe so. They are the NATURAL branches of Rom 11 having been grafted BACK into the stump of ABRAHAM’S FAITH. They are also responsible for MOST of the Gentiles who have come to the Lord.

Ø Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give (set) thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be (take—judge 15:2) my salvation unto the end of the earth.

The Gentile Christians are the many children of the Desolate Israel. Desolate as far as being a recognized part of the Commonwealth of Israel. She was divorced from God for 751 years, yet lovingly hovered over by the Lord, protected and prospered by His Hand.

After Calvary and Pentecost, Paul and many others brought the Gospel of Salvation to them. They accepted, and themselves became promoters of the Gospel on a worldwide scale.

WHO/WHERE ARE THEY, if they are not the Church of the living God?

No comments: