Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WHY DO THE HEATHEN RAGE

WHY DO THE HEATHEN RAGE?

I greatly fear that the Christian community is becoming ensnared in a swamp of discouragement, as the result of erroneous teachings we have allowed ourselves to believe.

One such error is the belief that we are gradually losing the battle for right and purity, and righteousness will never prevail over the depravity of the world. Oh, we ALL subscribe to the thought that Jesus will set things right when He returns to the earth. There is no question about that-- it is an established fact.

But, I am convinced that Jesus didn't die in order to establish a Church which would end in defeat, and have to be rescued by a fell swoop at the end, in order to escape anihilation by the forces of evil.

I can't buy that-- in the light of what I believe the scriptures are plainly trying to teach us. There are so many places where we are told of the Glory that is to be revealed in us, and what the Lord is planning to do through the Church.

I shall never forget the transformation which took place in my own life when I asked the Lord to strip away from me all the false ideas about the Gospel, and teach me how to find the real Truth contained therein.

Believe me, it was a real transformation of life and ministry when I finally was willing to relinquish what He began to strip away. He always replaced those things with something better. After a while it became easier to let loose of that He wanted to take away, but at the beginning it had left me somewhat bewildered, and I wondered at times if there would be anything left.

Eventually, a whole new world of light has been shed on the Gospel. And, stangely enough, it makes more sense than the old curriculum ever did.

He began to teach me that HE IS IN CHARGE--- TODAY. And HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING-- RIGHT NOW.

We need not worry. Remind yourself that He let the children of Israel toil in Egypt for at least 80 years while He was preparing Moses to lead them out. Also, He told Abraham eight generations earlier that-- "Genesis 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites [is] not yet full. "

Present conditions are bad-- no doubt about that. But they have been worse-- lots worse--, and the Lord has managed to restore rectitude-- WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT.

There is a definite reason for the lack of power and anointing in the Church today. I have no idea how much longer the Lord intends to allow the condition to continue. But I am sure He know how to deal with it-- IN HIS TIME.

God Bless!

No comments: