Friday, June 04, 2010

CEASAR-JESUS

CAESAR--JESUS
When I was a kid in high school we learned about Julius
Caesar, who was, roughly, contemporary with Jesus Christ.

Caesar's famous speech, VENI, VIDI, VICI, (I came, I saw, I
conquered) was drilled into us, especially in second-year
Latin class. Caesar has been called one of the greatest
conquerors of all time, along with Alexander and Napoleon.

But they neglected to teach us about another famous decla-
ration, made by the Saviour of the world, Jesus Christ.

If my memory of Latin serves me right, Jesus answered
Caesar's boastings and said, "VIAS, VERITAS, VITAS," (I am
the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.)

It portrays the supremacy of Jesus over the wildest boast-
ings of humanity. The best that man can produce can do no
better than pale into insignificance when compared to Jesus
Christ, the Son of God.

Today, we would be foolish to trust in the abilities of any
man or group of men. The only sure place of security is in
Jesus.

No comments: