Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TREASURE IN A FIELD

TREASURE IN A FIELD

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

A treasure, to different people means different things.

The Apostle Paul held one thing dear to his heart as he worked for the Lord.

II Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

His "treasure" was the Ministry which God had given him. I Corinthians 2:4 tells us what he considered most important. "And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

He had developed a "Spiritual Sensitivity", in order to do the work which God had called him to do.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith--

I still remember the fear which gripped my heart one summer day when I was about 15 years old. Three or four of us were out in the east forty, bunching hay. Three miles to the north, we would watch for the daily passenger train headed east. When we saw it, we knew we had only ten minutes more until noon, and lunch.

I saw the steam of the whistle. One of the other boys said, "He sure blew a wicked one today." For the first time, I realized that other folks were hearing things I was not. Panic seized me, for I knew what that meant.

Serious as my problem has become over the years, there is one thing which far surpasses it in importance in the light of eternal values.

Proverbs 2:2 --incline thine ear unto wisdom, [and] apply thine heart to understanding;

Philippians 3:13 --but [this] one thing [I do],

Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou...find the knowledge of God..

II Peter 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 3:13 Happy [is] the man [that] findeth wisdom, and the man [that] getteth understanding.

Proverbs 3:15 She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

II Timothy 1:6 --stir up the gift of God, which is in thee--.

No comments: