Wednesday, June 02, 2010

DEITYOFJESUS

Perhaps I have failed to make my position clear about whether Jesus is God or not. I suppose I am what others might want to call Dualist, if I understand that term correctly.

As I see it, Jesus was BOTH God and Man while He was in His ministry here on earth.

Until His baptism by John, He was Man with unpolluted blood (the virgin birth accomplished this). His blood could atone for sin because of this.

When Jesus was baptized in water, the Holy Ghost came upon Him.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him]. He was then GOD IN FLESH-- complete Deity in Flesh without the Nature of Sin. (Virgin birth)

Jesus ministered in this manner for three and one half years. But a transaction took place on the Cross which made Him cry in anguish, "My God, My God, Why hast Thou forsaken me?" The Holy Ghost was withdrawn from Jesus, and at the same moment, all the guilt of the world flooded over Him. "He who knew no sin (nature) became (laden with) sin for us.

It was flesh that died at Calvary-- not God. Here is the miracle of Justification.

Our guilt was placed upon Jesus, so that His righteousness could be given to us.

We must realize that sometimes Jesus spoke as Man-- other times the same lips spoke as God. Hence "before Abraham was--I AM." "I can of myself do nothing-- what I see my Father do--"

The Holy Ghost, given at baptism, was, is, and always shall be, "Alpha and Omega."

The scriptures in Isaiah (41:4 48:12) are not, as near as I can see, speaking of the flesh of God in Jesus Christ. Rather, the Spirit that inhabits Eternity.

We must remember that the doctrine which became known as The Trinity did not make its appearance until over a hundred years after Jesus died. It could well qualify as the teachings of man rather than of God. At least, that is the way it looks from here.

God bless!

No comments: