Sunday, June 13, 2010

STRIVE TO ENTER IN

STRIVE TO ENTER IN

There is still too much confusion and faulty interpretation of the Word of God, and it is causing a lot of difficulty for many good Christians. A case in point comes to mind. Listen while I tell you about it:

I was riding with a Real Estate dealer in the early 50’s, looking for a Church building to possibly buy. There was a vacant one available close to where our Church was located. It MAY have been in equal or better repair than the one we had.

It belonged to a group that believed very strongly in the GRACE ALONE message. They had outgrown their old facility, and built a new larger one, where they could also have a school.

The Realtor told me in passing that some of the folks in the congregation had a tendency to be not altogether truthful in their dealings with businesses and other people.

He had questioned some of them about that tendency, and they were right up front with their answers. They believed very strongly in Salvation by The Grace of God, and didn’t feel that their everyday business life had anything to do with their Salvation. In fact, they had the two aspects of life COMPLETELY SEPARATED. They tenaciously guarded, lest anyone try to apply their Salvation to their everyday life, and vice versa.

Well, I had come from a different group of believers, where most folks thought our Salvation greatly DEPENDED on what we did in our dealings with others in everyday life So much so, that we lived in fear of doing something that would completely cancel out our Salvation experience, and send us straight to hell.

We trembled at the Sermon on the Mount, and much of Paul’s writings. We were extremely protective of our reputation and image in the community. Hence, we were ALSO very JUDGMENTAL in our views of other Christians, especially anyone who could not keep pace with our APPEARANCES of HOLINESS.

Inwardly, we KNEW that we were not really “CUTTING THE MUSTARD” that we appeared to be, but WE EXPECTED THE REAL THING FROM THE OTHERS.

Our congregations were turning out full-fledged hypocrites (almost carbon copies of ourselves) as our young folks matured and left the nest.

Well, I began to seek the Lord about the situation, and through the process of time I believe the Lord has answered many of the questions I had. It has been quite slow in developing, because I have had such a struggle re-learning the Plan of Salvation.

Light IS coming, however, and I believe I am getting closer to the “McCoy Version” of the Gospel than I was for so many years.

According to the writers of the Gospels, Jesus SAID VERY LITTLE ABOUT SALVATION. Most of his teaching was about THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Let me cite a few scriptures for you:

Luk 13:20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the KINGDOM OF GOD?
Luk 13:21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
Luk 13:22 And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
LUK 13:24 STRIVE TO ENTER IN AT THE STRAIT GATE: FOR MANY, I SAY UNTO YOU, WILL SEEK TO ENTER IN, AND SHALL NOT BE ABLE.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.



1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27 But I keepunder my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.




Phi 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Phi 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Col 1:29 Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Heb 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: