Tuesday, May 08, 2007

WHAT HAST THOU?

WHAT HAST THOU?

I got my cage rattled last night while reading. Did you ever have a scripture jump off the page and do a little dance to get your attention?

1CO 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ [from another]? and what hast thou
that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive [it], why
dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received [it]?

Paul was launching into a mini-scolding of the folks at Corinth for the attitude they had been holding toward him and some of the other apostles.

By the way, if you want some very interesting reading, read again the two letters to the Corinthians with one thought in mind. See how Paul used the personal pronouns WE and YE (YOU). It was a real eye-opener to me when I did it.

But the scripture spoke something new to me last night. And it was directly to me.

The Lord seemed to want to impress upon me that I am nothing. I have nothing in myself. I am nobody. I have no credentials, no skills, no abilities, nothing that is of any value to God or man.

Apart from what I receive from the Lord, there is no good in me, and there is no good that I can do for anyone else.

But, thanks be to God, I DO receive from Him, and I AM able to minister to others to the degree that I am capable of receiving from Him.

The secret is learning how to empty myself of myself, so that I can receive from Him.

The anointing which destroys the yoke can only spring from a vessel which is empty enough of the spirit of MAN that it can receive of the Spirit of GOD.

I had, for several years, a note in a scrap book, which said something to the effect that no matter what language or words we use, we can say no more than what we are. If that is true, it is little wonder the world is in its present condition.

ROM 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is
among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to
think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every
man the measure of faith.

1TI 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he
counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

JAM 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh
down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness,
neither shadow of turning.

No comments: