Friday, May 11, 2007

ONE THING ID DO

THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD
Philippians 3:13,14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] ONE THING [I do], FORGETTING those things which are behind, and REACHING FORTH unto those things which are before, I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD in Christ Jesus.

We MUST IMPRESS upon you at this point that the Lord DID NOT have SALVATION in mind when He caused these words to be penned by the Apostle Paul. The HIGH CALLING OF GOD is not bestowed upon us at the time we accept Jesus into our lives. Nor is it given when we receive the Holy Ghost Baptism. Those are GIVEN FREELY TO US AS WE COME TO JESUS.

To attain to the PRIZE of the HIGH CALLING requires MUCH EFFORT on our part. Yet, none of us can attain to it entirely by our own efforts. The best we can do is to MAKE OURSELVES A CANDIDATE for it. The Lord, WHO KNOWS THE HEART COMPLETELY, does the CHOOSING.
Malachi 3:16,17 Then they that FEARED the LORD spake (lit. consulted) often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it], and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought (lit. reckoned) upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day WHEN I MAKE UP MY JEWELS; -- (mg. special treasure)
God has a pre-determined reward reserved for those whom He chooses for this honor.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [TO BE] CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON, THAT HE MIGHT BE THE FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN.
ICorinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain
Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I FOLLOW AFTER (Dioko), if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
ICorinthians 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
In a natural race or competitive event, there can only be ONE winner. But, with God, EVERYBODY has the opportunity to win. Do not give up in this race just because you don't show as well as another one does. God is dealing in heart condition rather than surface appearance. You CAN be a WINNER.
ICorinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (fail to be an overcomer)
IITimothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
IITimothy 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, [yet] is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. (The SPIRIT OF GOD MUST BE OUR TRAINER AND COACH.)
I BELIEVE that the criterion will be the degree to which we have overcome the spirit of Man in our lives, and how much we have cultivated the SPIRIT OF GOD (the NATURE OF GOD) INTO OUR LIVES.
Apparently, Paul achieved success in his struggle, for his last testimony was:
IITimothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith:
THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS.

No comments: