Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A CLEAN HEART

CREATE A CLEAN HEART

Portions of Psalm 51 have been set to music. It has been a real blessing to me, for I can identify with the pleadings of David as he repented of the terrible things he had done.

Although I have not been guilty of what David did, I recognize the dangers involved in everyday life. I am every bit as human as David was, and my fallings short of the mark are probably as bad in the sight of God as his were.

I "sing" it in my mind as I go about my daily duties, and it has become a real prayer of my heart.

"Create in me a clean heart, Oh, God, And renew a right spirit within me.
Create in me a clean heart, Oh, God, And renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy Presence, And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the Joy of Thy Salvation.
And renew a right spirit within me."

Only God can change our hearts. Only God can renew our spirits. These must be accomplished before we can again have the Joy of Salvation.

I find, in my own life, that even if I am not aware of a transgression, I reap an abundant harvest of God's Blessing on my soul when I identify with the pleadings of David. Walking in Repentance contibutes to a healthy soul condition.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, [I] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings.

HE KNOWS US FULLY-- YET HE LOVES US!
ISN'T HE WONDERFUL

No comments: