Friday, August 18, 2006

AFRAID TO PRAY

AFRAID TO PRAY

In our years of ministry we have contacted many people who wanted God's Will for their life. But they also had some definite desires and plans of their own.

I've been down that road myself, and can testify that it does, indeed, lead to a "swamp" of frustration.

A few times, until I got tired of the emotional upheaval, I would find myself "afraid to pray", for fear of what the answer might be. I still wanted things "my way."

Slowly, oh so slowly, the Lord in His Patience and Forbearance, got "through to me" the reality of my condition.

When I wanted to do things my own way, I was actually in a state of REBELLION to Him and His Way. That was something I DID NOT WANT.

Submission doesn't come easily-- especially to leaders, but its dividends are definitely higher than the dividends of Rebellion.

An old saint once said to me, "God always gives the BEST to those who leave the CHOICE to Him." I believe it is true.

No comments: