Wednesday, September 19, 2007

FAITH

CHRISTIAN INSIGHTS

FAITH

Almost every time there is an attempt made to describe Faith,we turn to Heb. 11:1

"Now faith is--". It is a wonderful description, but I doubt if very many people REALLY

understand it. Ask a few people to explain it, and you will know what I mean.

Personally,it blows my mind. I cannot get the meaning of it. It goes without

saying, that when there is a problem with us understanding God's Word, the problem is with

us rather than the Word. Nevertheless, it still blows my mind, and I am not ashamed to

admit it.

HOWEVER, I have no difficulty with verse 6, "But without FAITH [it is] IMPOSSIBLE

TO PLEASE [HIM]: for he that cometh to God must believe THAT HE IS, AND [THAT] HE IS A

REWARDER OF THEM THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM." I CAN UNDERSTAND THIS VERSE.

Verse 8 says of Abraham, that "When he was CALLED, he OBEYED, and he WENT OUT, NOT

KNOWING WHITHER HE WENT." Also, in verse 17, "When he was TRIED, OFFERED UP ISAAC,---HIS

ONLY BEGOTTEN SON". I UNDERSTAND.

The "Faith" we are hearing so much about these days has a tendency to be a little

nebulous, or hazy --a little difficult to identify with any great degree of certainty. It

seems to fluctuate with our moods and feelings, and this causes us to gravitate to those

circumstances which promote good moods and feeling.

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS.

To my thinking, enduring faith springs out of a definite contact with the VOICE OF

ETERNITY, speaking from God's dwelling place, to me. In other words, "GOD SPEAKS, and I

HEAR" becomes a solid foundation for my faith. God is capable of speaking in many various

ways to our hearts.

I do say HEARTS, not MINDS. Not EMOTIONS. My mind is capable of garbling and

perverting any message that it has access to. With my mind I can REASON myself away from the

reality of what God is saying. "WITH THE HEART (SPIRIT) MAN BELIEVETH"

So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word (Rhema) of God."

My emotions, at their best, serve only as a blind guide, leading me astray.

No comments: