Friday, October 06, 2006

WHITE FOR WHOM

WHITE FOR WHOM

I did a study several years ago about white raiment, and who is PRIVILEGED TO WEAR IT. The RESULTS ARE INTERESTING, to say the least.

Most of our Holiness folks are making a bad mistake in their teachings about our relationship with Jesus Christ.

The greatest mistake in their teaching is that they do not make a difference between being SAVED (sins forgiven), and becoming a OVERCOMER after experiencing Salvation.

Salvation is a GIFT FROM GOD, and CAN NOT BE WRESTED FROM YOU. No MAN, no SPIRIT, NOR ANY OTHER BEING can rob you of what God has given to you.

And, IF YOU DECIDE TO CHUCK IT, you are going to run into difficulty quite soon. It is HARDER TO DO than one might think. BUT IT CAN BE DONE, BY YOUR DECISION.

NEGLECT DOES NOT DISANNUL IT. Salvation is NOT DEPENDENT upon doing or not doing certain things. What you wear, what you eat, what you say and where you go can have no effect on your Salvation.

This is a bit bewildering to some of us who grew up in a strict atmosphere regarding Christian conduct. It was after much wrestling with Scripture that I finally had to acknowledge the TRUTH WHICH SETS FREE. The Bible mentions the "TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL" IN FOUR PLACES.

The "TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL" is not a set of doctrines nor practices designed to qualify us for acceptance with Jesus. It is the ESTABLISHMENT of a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. That RELATIONSHIP is DIVINELY ESTABLISHED BY JESUS AT CALVARY.

The "WEARING OF THE WHITE" is, however, quite another aspect of our walk with Jesus, and is affected by our deeds (actions) after we are saved by the blood of Jesus.

WEARING WHITE RAIMENT will be a REWARD for our ACHIEVEMENTS in God after we are saved.

The OVERCOMERS (Rev 2 & 3) can wear WHITE.

Those who attain to BIBLICAL ELDERSHIP can wear it.
Rev 4

Those who have ENDURED GREAT TRIBULATION, and thus washed their robes, can wear it. Rev 7:14

The SPIRITUAL WARRIORS who "ride" with Jesus can wear it. Rev 19:14

But, there is NO PROVISION FOR THE "RUN OF THE MILL" Christian to wear white. They can (finally) make Heaven their home, after the Millenium (rotting in the grave for a thousand years). They WILL NOT RULE AND REIGN WITH JESUS DURING THE THOUSAND YEARS.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that OVERCOMETH will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that OVERCOMETH shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that OVERCOMETH will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].

Revelation 2:26 And he that OVERCOMETH, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5 He that OVERCOMETH, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Revelation 3:12 Him that OVERCOMETH will I make a PILLAR IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that OVERCOMETH will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7 He that OVERCOMETH shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

We BUY WHITE RAIMENT. Salvation is a GIFT.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to BUY OF ME gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and WHITE RAIMENT, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

THE REWARD IS WORTH THE EFFORT

No comments: