Tuesday, October 10, 2006

THE SECRET OF HIS PRESENCE

THE SECRET OF HIS PRESENCE

The Psalmist said (91) "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

Not long ago, it seemed that the Lord said, "I will discover to you the Secret of My Presence." I have often mentioned that we can "practice the presence of the Lord." I used the term to encourage people to develop a habit of thinking on the Lord when they were occupied with doing something which did not demand their full attention. Teach the mind to think on the Lord while you are milking the cows, driving the car or tractor, weeding the garden, etc. etc.

But, apparently it goes deeper than that-- else He would not say He would DISCOVER, or allow our spiritual eyes to see what they can not presently behold.

It must be denoting a certain type of relationship to Jesus which can only be entered into by invitation from the Lord, and would seem to be a reward for diligence in our pursuit of His Favor. That is also called "seeking His Face."

Is it possible that there are dimensions in God that we know very little about at this time, which can be as real to us as what we experience today?

I have often quoted Psalms 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

David, in his prayer of repentance, cried to the Lord for mercy. Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

He also wrote in one of the psalms-- Psalms 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Nahum wrote-- Nahum 1:5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

If there is a deeper experience in God that is attainable, I, for one, surely am a candidate to seek for it.

Or was I having a pipe dream when I thought the Lord spoke those words to me?

No comments: