Saturday, November 17, 2007

TANGLED

TANGLED STRANDS

This morning I awakened with a few words of a song which we heard in McCall, Idaho in 1945-46.

"Dear Lord, take up the tangled strands, Where I have wrought in vain. And with the skill of Thy dear Hand,--" That is all I can remember.

My mind ran, rather quickly, back over my life, and I saw the many times when I was in need of Divine Skill to bring order out of the chaos I had, unwittingly, brought forth in my life.

The amazing part of it is-- He seemed to have been waiting in the wings, until I realized I had made a mess of things and would look to Him for a solution.

I was remided of a story told by an Evangelist who held us a 5 week meeting in 1943. He related how Paul Rader, in his pre-Christian life, had walked past the old J And P Coats sign in New York City. On the sign was a kitten who had become tangled hopelessly with thread from a spool. Once Paul remarked to the kitten, "Kitty, I'm about as tangled as you are."

But, one evening shortly after that, Paul stopped into a Mission. God spoke to his heart, and he responded when the invitation was given. He had a lige-altering experience with the Lord there that night. His later accomplishments attested to the genuineness of his encounter with Jesus that night.

After leaving the Mission, Paul again passed under the "Kitty" sign. This time he looked up and remarked, "Kitty, you're still tangled up, but I'm free!"

I have learned that, no matter how badly I have fumbled the affairs of my life-- no matter how miserably I have failed in my attempts to guide my life-- ALWAYS, if and when I turn to Jesus, He is there to help me straighten my life up again.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God [is thy] refuge, and underneath [are] the everlasting arms:---

He does not always erase the effects of my blundering-- some things I have to "live with" the rest of my life. But He forgives me for the sin of rebellion against His Leadings in my life.

Gradually, I am learning that the desire to run my own life actually constitutes a rebellion against Him, and the guidance of His Spirit.

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.

No comments: