Saturday, March 28, 2015

Marion Reynold Fretwell Is With His LORD.

On the early morning of March 23, 2015, Marion died in his sleep. He lived 96 yrs., 3 mos., and 26 days. He served his LORD as fervently as any person I have ever met, and now he is with HIM. He pastored various churches for 35 years. He said, however, that his ministry became most effective when he got his first computer at age 71 and began posting his old sermons online for use by new pastors, missionaries, and laypersons. He was so thrilled that others found his years of Bible study were useful to their ministries. He posted to many Christian forums, published a monthly newsletter for many years of his retirement, authored one book, and posted hundreds of articles to this blog in the 22 years of his retirement. Marion had a heart for righteousness, and sought truth with an unending passion. He touched many lives, and he will be missed by all who knew him well. Marvin O. Fretwell Marion's eldest son

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do I contact the family of Marion Fretwell ???

He went to Bible school in Oakland, Cal. Harry Morse was his teacher. I am writing the biography of Harry Morse.

Scott Pitta

Johnson said...

To the family of Marion Fretwell

I was so blessed by Mr. Fretwell's ministry. I was on his mailing list and when his mailings ceased I emailed him and asked him if he had retired. He told me back in October 2011 that his health was failing and he wanted to distribute as many of his teachings as he could. He emailed me a 6 page document with the listings of all writings on his blog.

My very belated condolences to Mr. Fretwell's family.
Cassandra Johnson
cgj@cognisurf.com