Sunday, August 12, 2007

THE SECRET OF THY PRESENCE

THE SECRET OF THY PRESENCE

Several years ago I endeavored to train myself to make my mind go to things pertaining to God and His Word whenever I did not have to think about what I was doing. There are lots of activities which do not require our strict attention to what we are doing. It was not exactly an easy task, but it has paid huge dividends in the years which have followed.

The Lord has shown many things to me that I probably could have never been aware of had I not learned to focus my mind on Him and His Word.

Psa 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant.

There are many things that the Lord would love to make known to us, but He will only reveal them to us in response to our seeking His Face diligently.

Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

There is an instruction, a communication, a Spiritual revelation, that we can get in NO OTHER WAY than through the Edification that comes to our spirit through the means of the Unknown Tongue. In this way, we can KNOW THINGS WE NEVER LEARNED, because of our spirit being instructed by the SPIRIT OF GOD. We have had it happen many times since training our mind to think on the Lord.

Psa 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

Psa 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

We rob ourselves of much of the richness of the Christian Life if we do not walk closely to the Creator of the Universe.

Pro 3:32 For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.

Did you ever check up on your mind, to see where it goes when you “slip it into Neutral” because you do not have to be attentive to what you are doing at the time?

Our minds can be trained to think about God and His Word while our hands are performing routine, everyday tasks.

Listen to the pleadings of David in his psalm of repentance. Seems that there was one thing he valued above other aspects of his relationship with the Lord

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Again, the admonition of David to the people, instructing them how to approach the Lord .

Psa 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Moses and the Lord had a conversation one day, which gives us some insight about the value to be derived from the Presence of The Lord

Exo 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Exo 33:15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

No comments: